Under the sun of Guadeloupe
Walking, sunbathing and bathing:
Activities Inside the hotel :
- Gym in the swimming pool from October 1st until June 30th.
Free for the customers of the hotel.
Activities near the hotel :
- Beaches of Gosier : Datcha, St-Felix
- Ilet du Gosier (little Island in the bay of Gosier)
- Aquarium du Gosier
- Marina de Bas-du-Fort (nightclubs, restaurants, King-Papyrus one-day cruises)
8-day tour !
- Spices market
- Frebault street
- Schoelcher museum
- Place de la Victoire
- Paved street (from Spices market to La Darse)
St John Perse museum:
- It preserves a permanent exhibition on the Creole suits and costumes, and reveals the life of Saint-John Perse.
- Guadeloupe aquarium
- Fort Fleur d’Epée
- Ilet du Gosier
By night, go to the Casino or the marina Bas-du-Fort.
BASSE – TERRA NORTH
SAINTE ROSE :
If you arrive early in the morning, you can see the return of the fishermen at the port.
Ecomuseum of Guadeloupe => (Guided tour at 10 am) Opened from Tuesday till Sunday from 9 am till 4:30 pm. Possibility of taking a snack on the spot – very good value for money
Open every day from 9 am till 5:30 pm.
POINTE NOIRE – Capitale du bois:
House of the Wood:
Closed from 1st till 15 September. Open from 9:30 am till 5 pm, except Monday.
House of the Cocoa:
Open every day, all year long from 9 am till 5pm.
RETURN BY ROAD « Route de la Traversée ».
- Corossol River
- Park « des Mamelles »
- Waterfall « des Ecrevisses »
- House of the Forest
MORNE A L’EAU :
- Vieux-Bourg, fishing port
- Babin beach
- Cemetery in black and white
- Landscaped garden (discovery of the flora, the healing plants).
- Slaves’ steps
PORT LOUIS :
- Plage du Souffleur
- Visite du Pays de la Canne Beauport:
Ouvert du mardi au dimanche de 9h à 17h.
ANSE BERTRAND :
- Plage de la Chapelle
- Pointe de la Grande-Vigie. Beautiful point of view.
- Porte-d’Enfer – Trou à Man Coco. Several mills remaining of the sugar time period.
LE MOULE :
- Maritime Boulevard
- Factory – Gardel distillery
- Edgar Clerc museum ( pre-Colombian era)
- Nautical Activities (surfing, swimming at sea, stand-up paddle)
Town in full development. Many stores, beautiful walk on the sea front. The sea has numerous rollers which make the enjoyment of the surfers. Visit the DAMOISEAU distillery.
Day 4 : « Iles, dépendances » day
A day on a sailboat with Petit Terre « Nature reserve »
Archipelago of 2 desert islands located in 20 km in Saint François’s southeast, it is managed by the ONF and depends on Désirade island. Petite Terre belonged to a family of famous solicitors expropriated for public purposes. Considered as the wealth of this sea bed, it has for only inhabitants of iguanas, crabs and birds. It was declared nature reserve since 1994. Hunting and fishing are forbidden and the lighthouse of the end of the world is now a museum of the flora and fauna. Only 4 guards of the ONF live alternately on the Island.
Day 5 : Basse-Terre South
It is a park in the heart of the rain forest.
CAPESTERRE BELLE EAU :
La Plantation Grand Café : Tout sur la banane
Les chutes du Carbet :
Cassaverie ou Manioquerie :
ST SAUVEUR :
STE ANNE : Le Marché tous les jours le long de la plage
- Craft(home-made) Village
- Caravelle Beach
- Beach of the village
- Maritime Boulevard
Go up to the Calvary cross. the point of view is breath-taking
Authentic character, Tradition and authenticity.
Boat from Pointe-À-Pitre:
- Gueule Grand Gouffre
- Ecomuseum – Habitation Murat
- Père Labat distillery
- Earth of mills
- Syrup « batterie »